Friday, January 28, 2011

Quiet Parenting

This will just be a very short rant on my part.  This makes day three or four, who's counting anymore, of having no voice.  A week where every living thing in the house under the age of ten wants to pitch a fit, talk back, not do what they are told, etc.  My response to all of these issues this week is amazingly quiet.  That is what happens when you have no voice.  I am insanely tired from the effort of finding other ways to communicate with these young ones.  Also, from the belly crunching quiet laughter I get from trying to get across to the oldest child what I need her to pass along as information to the individual on the other end of the phone.  Do you remember in elementary school playing the game where you told someone something in a whisper and it was passed down the line until the last person repeated what they heard?  Usually it was something totally different than what had first been said.  Yep, that has been every phone conversation I have had the past few days.  One day, when the voice returns maybe I should call some of the recipients of these conversations and explain.  Or, maybe not.  I may lose my voice again laughing over it.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha. I have a life-size image of how I would handle any situation... an' me, without a voice. I have enough difficulties in getting anything done, now. I don't think I'd like to try adding 'Mute' to the struggle; thank you very much. Sounds like you had it under control, though. Good job! I'm proud of you.

    ~ Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Interesting post. :)
    You have handdled the situation very well. :)
    Nice template. :)

    ReplyDelete